Monday, September 5, 2011

5 Star Burgers...Not Living Up To The Name

We decided to try a place I have been itching to try for a while now. Name looked VERY promising, as well as the menu I saw online. We walked into the place, maybe 20 people there. Trash on the floor and not the cleanest of places, but had heard good things about it. After a few minutes of waiting around a waitress finally seated us. We had high hopes as the place was plastered with "USA Today Says: "Best Burger In New Mexico" We opened the menu and were pretty impressed. My wife decided on the Bison Burger, and I went for the Taos: medium well with crispy, fried green chili (whole), cheese, bbq sauce, fresh lettuce, tomatoe, onion, accompanied with ketchup and green chili mayo. I chose the mixed cart of fries, half regular seasoned fries and half sweet potatoe. When our orderes arrived, my wifes looked great, mine however was the wrong burger, had to send it back and wait. Mean while, a soda got spilled, no sense of urgency to get it cleaned up, I did most of the mopping up myself. My burger finally arrived, it was tasty, but certainly not 5 star. For $32 for two burgers, 2 fries and cokes, I had expected a whole lot more. Restaurant was dark, staff seemed uncoordinated and lacked training. Not high on my list. Oh well, thats whats fun about this, hit and miss, some grand slams, some foul balls, as they say, the game must go on. Happy Labor Day All :)

No comments:

Post a Comment